Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Venue is your favorite?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Which Venue is your favorite? Reply with quote

Plaza Flamingo?
Acrobat?
Vida lounge?
U can dance lounge?
Babalu's?
El Rancho's?
Montana's?

Or any other?

Name it!

Sara
Rad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt  ; )  - Babaluu !!!

I could add to the Sara’s list also:
- Lula Lounge
- Latin Fever
- Chalkers
- Peppercorns
- 6 degrees
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have to be Babaluu's hands down for me too....
But since TDS can rock the house in Montana's, then I like that place for the space.

Has anyone been salsa-ing in Montreal? Which clubs are good there?
Robbiehsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babaluu's hands down. There is reason why its been around for years, places come and go, but Babs by far.

Tuesdays nights is the reason why I stuck with Salsa, the Vibe is awesome, nothing comes close. As a beginner, I found that I was still able to dance with really advanced dancers that were really cool, which I'm friends with now.

Wednesdays are great too. Thursday to Saturday, different, more of a Pickup Night.

I still really miss Acrobats on Fridays.

Myth on Thursdays completes my Top 3.

Nice Topic Sara!!!
lindiloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Bab's is my favorite official club, but my favorite place to dance in general is at the sunday-night socials at Dovercourt house....awesome mix of dancers and the DJ plays great music...my favorite floors hands-down...I should check out the fridays there sometime. Anyone checked it out? (since Acrobat on a friday is pretty much dead)
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH yah... i totally miss Acrobat Fridays too....i have yet to check out the Dovercourt house which i hear from Robbie is great. Who goes there?
Robbiehsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dovercourt is hit and miss on Friday's. I love it because you dance with great dancers in a nice practice setting. Sometimes no one goes, some nights its packed with great people. I'm there at least once a month.
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm well I've only been to Montana's which I've mentioned a few times was great. This is nice to see what places I *should* go to though! Great topic indeed.

Now.. what did Rob mean by a "Pickup Night"???
Robbiehsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Now.. what did Rob mean by a "Pickup Night"???[/quote]

On Fridays and Saturdays, you go to meet the members of the opposite sex not for dancing, but for phone numbers and to grind up on someone (WINK WINK).

On Tuesdays and Wednesday, you bring a different kind of "A" game, you bring your Salsa "A" game. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are also more casual on dress and the best dancers from T.O. usually show up.

On Fridays and Saturdays, (no one from Tues/Wed. would come), its just a different vibe. Check them out and let me know what you think.

Nice topic. I recommend Babs on Wednesdays for you Matt. I find it less imtimidating and I find the ladies are pretty cool, they'd love to dance with you. good luck!!
KT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babaluu has the best floor I've ever danced on. And I like the fact that it's open pretty much ever night of the week. I haven't had any bad experiences there in terms of the music, crowd, and dancers there. Although, I've heard alot of rumours about their bad service (ie. kicking you out if you're a bad dancer, throwing your stuff on the street if you don't coat check). I have never personally experienced it, but can someone put some of the rumours to rest?
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha that's what I thought you meant but just thought I'd clarify. So there's no salsa on Fri/Sat then?

I'll definately have to check it out on Wed though. I need a place to try out these new level 2 moves! (hehe everyone's prolly thinkin', awe he's cute, he's level 2 and he's gonna bring his "A" game :p) Damn straight!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is salsa fridays and saturdays but that it is packed...i could be wrong.
That's the spirit matt...get out there and show them your stuff!
Rad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaBaLuu’s Saturdays and Fridays are very good as well, and the music is more varied. The only thing, those nights are pretty packed, but there are lots of good dancers, even professionals. I’ve never heard about any awful behaviour of the staff there. Even once my jacket was still on the chair after 10PM and the guard took it to the coat check and brought me a coupon. It’s very polite, in my opinion, isn’t it? And sorry, but I can't believe that someone could be kicked out because he or she is a bad dancer ( especially she :) )  You really surprised me!   :o
Toby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Fav Dance Place Reply with quote

Yep I agree with Babaluu's as the best place to dance. I also have fun at El Rancho because it is a little more casual and everyone dances - women don't say no too often there for a dance so you get good practice. But on the flip side some women don't know the cross body lead dancing and can only do cuban.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also find El Rancho to have a lot of Cuban style dancers too...but I like learning that type of dancing too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: