Here is an email I just received for any of you brave competitors!
“Ontario: Let’s Dance!
– SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Season 2 Auditions land in Ontario with a stop in Toronto on the Victoria Day holiday Monday, May 18 –
Time to bust a move! Is Ontario home to Canada’s next Favourite Dancer? CTV announced today that auditions for SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Season 2 will be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Victoria Day holiday Monday, May 18 beginning at 8 a.m. Who will be the next dancer to make Jean Marc Genereux’s VID (Very Important Dancer) list during the Top 20? Only those who come out and audition during the holiday on May 18 will have a chance to break it down and possibly become Canada’s next Favourite Dancer, taking home the $100,000 prize. For up-to-date information and audition FAQ’s visit the series’ official website, dance.ctv.ca.
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA – Toronto Auditions
Monday, May 18
Registration begins at 8 a.m.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
John Bassett Theatre
255 Front Street West, Toronto
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA is designed to showcase and judge the talent of Canadian dancers who have roughly the same level of experience and maturity.
Among the rules and regulations that should be noted for the auditions:
* Competitors must be either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
* All competitors must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
* Competitors must be of the age of majority in the province/territory in which they reside and no older than 30 years of age as of April 1, 2009. The age of majority is as follows: 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; and 19 years of age in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon.
* All competitors must provide two pieces of identification, including a government-issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license or passport), at the audition.
* Competitors may bring a non-competing dance partner for purposes of the audition.
* All competitors must bring with them, along with the proper ID, the signed personal release, the completed preliminary questionnaire, and the music sheet. All will be available at the audition site and for download soon at dance.ctv.ca.
* All competitors are asked to bring with them the completed music sheet indicating the music they will use in their audition, along with the CD containing the indicated music.
* All songs must be “original” songs that are commercially available. A song must not be a re-mix of a song, a song downloaded from the Internet, or a competitor-created mix.
* Competitors will not be permitted to audition in any article of clothing with a visible designer, sports or other logo; artwork; name; photo; or other mark which may be subject to protection by copyright or trademark laws.”