Even on your days off from attending salsa classes, salsa outings and salsa practice sessions, you can still improve your dancing!
Here are some things that you can do to keep yourself developing and growing as a dancer:
- Practice spins, body movement, footwork, shines at home
- Stands on one leg to gain balance while doing chores, waiting for the bus, etc.
- Listen to salsa music and pick up the different instruments, beats, accents
- Take other dance classes and exercise classes to improve flexibility, agility, strength, choreography and more – hip hop, jazz, ballet, belly dancing – everything helps!
- Drum along to the different parts of the salsa beats
- Visualize the dance moves you have just learned before falling asleep at night
- Practice shoulder rolls and shimmies while driving in your car
- Follow a salsa instructional DVD at home
- Read salsa forums and articles to gain more knowledge and info on the dance
- Stretch daily to improve flexibility
- Write down the moves you have learned and how to execute them
These are just a few things you can do while you are away from the dance floor that can help your dancing…anyone have any other tips?